Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Morning

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much to all of you who have contributed to our little Leslie's 2011 Christmas Blog! Be sure to check the "Recent Comments" section on the sidebar to find a present Santa left for you!

 And as each proceeded another, my mom became more and more enthralled, as she moved closer and closer to the screen of the computer. Her hand gently perched itself over the top lip of her mouth, as her eyes dashed across the page. Tears streaming. -The first moments of the big unveil. Upon reading the first few words, tears began to stream. The first few WORDS!

With a chuckle here, and a sniffle there, but for the most part, silence filled the air as my mom read her blog. I'd say it moved her pretty deeply. One thing I know about my mom, her silence is her most powerful actions. Every once and awhile, the silence would break and she'd let out a faint, "oh. my. gosh."

There was truly no stopping her-all 28 postings she read from the moment she laid eyes on the blog.When she had reached the last word, she turned to me and smiled. She reached her arms out to me and looked at me with those adorning, red eyes, and said, "I just feel sooo overwhelmed with love right now!"

I only hope that this blog will be a happy place for her on her saddest of days, a blanket to fall back on. Everyone of you, represents threads in this blanket just as everyone of you represent someone my mom can fall back on.

Mom, I hope you had a very merry Christmas and let this blog be your perpetual Christmas gift that keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment