Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just Another Chapter

Dear Mama,

We are embarking on such great things going into the new year! And it is all thanks to the choices you are making now that will pay off in the future. Instead of making excuses and taking the easy way out, you show me time after time that by putting your nose to the grindstone, you reap bigger rewards.

Unlike most parents, you let me into your thought process when at crossroads with something. Though you might not even notice what you are doing when you talk it out with me, you are preparing me for my life ahead of me. Challenges that I could have faced, but by you expressing your own process in getting yourself in and out of situations, I have such a better picture of what it might look like if I come face to face with it down the road. And by having a better picture of what it looks like, I know how to detect it on my radar and not make the same mistakes you made. You just being you and us having the relationship we do is SO reflective of the person I am becoming.

Don't ever feel bad for any mistakes you make, Mama. What might look like mistake right now, is a lesson down the road- for both of us. Like we say, it's just another chapter in our book.


How many chapters is it now?
;) Bitty

No comments:

Post a Comment