Tuesday, December 6, 2011

From: Stephani

Dear Leslie,

JURIS PRUDENCE

Judgments and opinions are all around me-
some spoken,
some silent,
but nonetheless evident
in a frown, a shrug a sigh,
a raised eyebrow, a barely audible "tch-tch".

My life is full of judges and juries.
Thankfully, you're not one of them.
To what do I owe your absence of evaluation and criticism?
How can I explain
your unconditional positive regard-
your complete acceptance of me as I am?

What say ye,
ladies and gentlemen of the jury?

Motive: Love
Opportunity: Plenty
Verdict: Innocent of any crime
Sentence: A lifetime of friendship

This is just who Leslie has become.  A lifetime friend who tries everyday to walk through her life without judgment of others.  This is one of her best qualities!  Thank you, you're a rarity!

Love, Stephani

1 comment:

  1. Steph-

    You and I have grown so much as individuals through our sisterhood. It is through Alexis that we are connected in this lifetime and through her we've grown into a family. You've shown me acceptance, patience and respect as our lives entertwined by circumstance. Thank you for your friendship and being a #2 mom for Alexis and giving her those 3 amazing little brothers of hers! Can't wait for you all to visit this summer!!

    ReplyDelete