Wednesday, December 7, 2011

From: Dawn

Leslie,

You are the type of friend that I can not talk to for a year and we can pick up right where we left off.  You make me laugh harder than almost anyone I know and we end up laughing our heads off about nonsense most of the time on the phone.  Distance keeps us from seeing each other as often as we would like but you are one of my dearest friends no matter how far apart we are in miles.  The “Story of Leslie” is an amazing success story that I’m not sure everyone that knows you knows in its entirety.  I know that you don’t even see how amazing you are most of the time but you have overcome so many life obstacles and become this amazing woman.  I used to always say “WWLD?” when having to make a grown up decision because you always handled things with such maturity and grace.  And the fact that you have this amazing little woman following in your footsteps is yet another testimony to how special you really are.  You have done a stellar job in raising Alexis and it makes my heart smile to know that you have the relationship with her that you so wanted and spoke of so often.  I love you like crazy, Lady!!!

Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, Dawn, Dawn....

    Can you believe we bacame friends 1/2 our lifetime ago? Man we're getting more wise!! From our first meeting (I'm pretty sure was with pig lawn ornaments in tote for you) while greeting your pet eel ("Eelvis" I believe it was), to being roommates and me having my ex boyfriend, current boyfriend and future boyfriend show up at our house party and watching the craziness ensue...our friendship at times has been something only read in fiction novels designed for a satire beach read leaving you to giggle alone with memories of the ridicule of it all. The one thing that remains constant over these years is you know me better than most and you choose to continue to love me. All of me. You're the most creative person I know and you make my life shine brighter having your creative flair in it. Miles apart but a memory away, I love you crazy cajun lady!

    btw ..."WWLD" has many times been "WHLD???" with a "OMG" preceding it....
    thank you for loving me through those moments too

    ReplyDelete